Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I have no output devices

I've just watched "Indie Games : The Movie", which I found to be very inspirational. It's a documentary about people that are dedicated. It doesn't matter that they are weird, or whether I appreciate what they do.

I think I have a geat deal of creativity inside me, and I always had. I simply lack any output devices. I can't draw. I can't sculpt. I have a hard time crafting anything I planed in my head. I write in french rather properly, but I really need some serious practice. I have some potential in programming too, but I'm clrealy light years away from those guys in the documentary. I wish I had those programming skills that are like the chisel that the sculptor masters so perfectly it became an extension of his hand and he can forget about the tool and fully focus on pure creation.


A guy from the documentary :
I am determined to make video games, and I'm making video games because I can. I'm very very good at programing. I can still basically make something that expresses myself, like a movie or something that I wrote. I can make that as a video game and I have the full ability to do that.


But I, I have no output devices.

Maybe I should stop worrying about the ideas I had that somebody else had as well and turned into reality before I had the time. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much my failed projects. I only start to understand how I should organise, carry out my work. Maybe all those failures are part of my learning process, and I shouldn't worry about starting new projects that will probably not go anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment