Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Unfair to him

I hated him. I almost fought with him. I pushed him. I threatened him. I broke some of his things.
He was not always right. He made mistakes. I sometimes had good reasons to strongly resent him.

I remember that night that M. had just broken up with me. It was like 11pm, I was at her place, extremely upset, and I had my things to gather and take home. I called him. I asked him whether he'd come and get me. He asked me whether something was wrong. I answered that everything was fine... but couldn't help a sob that I swallowed as quickly as possible. It was late, and he was tired. He took his car and drove to get me.

To buy my house, I'm shy of just 20k. The family won't help, and no friend of mine will. I know he is going to search for a solution. In this project, he is much more supportive than I ever imagined he would.

We never said good morning to each other otherwise than by insulting each other. But for all the serious matters, when I really need to be able to count on somebody, he is there.
At the end of the day, my father is the only person I can really rely on. Not my drunk mother, not my crazy ex-girlfriend, not any friend of mine, just my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment