Sunday, November 1, 2015

The ridiculous propaganda against Ritalin

On Sunday, just after taking my 20mg of modified release of Rilatin - what some people call "legal cocaine" - is the perfect moment for me to take a nap. Go figure.


Ritalin is the most powerful antidepressant I ever took. It's about to replace completely the Ciphralex I've been taking for years. I used to take 20mg of Ciphralex per day, which is the maximum recommended dosage. I now only take 5mg a day, and I'm considering stopping completely.
When I take Rilatin, after half an hour, the concentration of the substance in my blood is is at its peak. I feel relieved, and can finally take a peaceful nap.

The way the word "drug" is used in English is part of the problem. In French, "la drogue" only refers to "recreational drugs". Drugs connotes junkies, prostitution, etc. The pills that a doctor gives his patients are "médicaments", or "medicine".
A drug addict takes drugs for a recreational purpose. One takes drugs because one wants to function abnormally for some time. One takes a medication in order to function normally. I take Ritalin because I want to function normally.

Most people don't understand why recreational drugs are prohibited. It's not because drugs are "bad" per se. The fact is, most recreational drugs cause serious health problems on the long term. They also cause social problems. In order for a society to function properly, it's mandatory that it bans recreational drugs, as well as murder, and theft.

I'm like Robert De Niro in the movie "Awakenings". I spent my life in a wheelchair not moving a finger. But give me L-Dopa, and suddenly I wake up, I start doing things, I even dance (literally), and life is enjoyable. Then the L-Dopa concentration in my blood drops, and I'm back to sleep.



Ritalin causes no serious health problems on the long term, and actually improve the way I interact with people. I now have a social life. When I take Ritalin I'm more confident, and often more kind to people. Ritalin is a medication. And comparing Ritalin to cocaine only demonstrate plain ignorance from people that probably never had to deal with real "psychological" problems. Would they blame a cripple for using an artificial leg? Real psychological problems are just as harsh to deal with. And no, some relaxation is not going to help the cripple walk. Talking to a so-called "psychologist" is not going to help the cripple either.

No comments:

Post a Comment