Sunday, November 22, 2015

Week-end without much ritalin

As I couldn't seem to find what causes my mouth to be dry 24/7 for months, I finally decided to experiment with the last medication I wanted to experiment, because it's the one I need the most : Ritalin. This saturday, I didn't take my modified release ritalin in the morning. As a result, I spent most of the day having no energy for anything, and even taking long naps. My mouth felt moister than it ever felt for months ! I wasn't really happy though, since the price to pay for that was that I behave like the larva that I am. Reaching the end of the day, I took only 10mg of instant release, and was able to do some minimal but necessary stuff.
Next morning, I was able to wake up at 10am and felt I could do some stuff without the ritalin. I cleaned my guinea pigs' cage, I shaved, took a shower, and that was pretty much it. The I went for a short nap. Woke up again, ate some pastas with tuna reflecting of my lack of motivation to go to my dancing lesson later that evening. But I took 10mg of immediate release of Rilatin just before leaving for the dancing lesson, and it went fine.

I was afraid that I might discover that the Rilatin was causing the dry mouth, because I need it so much in order for me to function normally. On the other hand, the dry mouth issue had become very painful on the long run, and I feel relieved that I know what causes this pain, so I can now work on a solution to avoid it. I might be able to find a modus vivendi. Maybe I shouldn't take this modified released version. But rather the immediate release version each time I feel I really need it. I think it could result in a lower consumption of Rilatin, and weaker side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment