Sunday, May 17, 2015

Feel dumb, again

Bad day. I confronted some riddle on the "Puzzled" Stack Exchange forum. My mind first tried to evade. I caught it again, and after a few seconds, it seemed I was on a right track. As it happens very often, I was tempted to read the solution before getting to the bottom of the problem on my own. I surrendered to this temptation. Then I spent most of the day trying to be sure I had understood the solution, going mentally back and forth from "yes, of course, I got it" to "wait a minute, but if...". I still didn't really get it. I think it's a matter of "mental representation of the problem" (if this makes any sense in english).

She called me in the middle of the afternoon, She wanted to talk. We had just started a Skype video conference when She got a phone call and told me She would call me back very soon. She never did. I was very upset, especially because I already was upset by the riddle. I was just trying to ask for Her opinion on this when she hung up. That's the second time in a row that I ask for help and She evades.

It's a very lonely road.

I'd like to find some rare ability inside me. Or I'd like to develop some skill to a very high level. I'd like to achieve something special, beyond the norm, something I could really be proud of.
I'm 27 and I still don't know which path to take.
Maybe my colleague is right, maybe I just ask myself too many questions. After all, I have an ok job, an ok appartment, and obviously a more than ok physical appearance. Maybe I should focus on my well-being. Maybe doing some sport, and feeling emotionally better could also improve my cognitive performances.

If I have nothing special, what's the purpose of my life ?

There is this CPE. The fence is not so high that I would feel a sense of real achievement once I passed it. But still, it could seriously increase my self-confidence and be a step towards greater successes.

I don't know.

It's late at night, and this post is poorly written. But let's just breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment