Thursday, May 14, 2015

She eats

Héline is much better than yesterday, much more vivid. Yesteday she was livid. I could see it to the color of her ears. Its the only part of her body not covered with hair, and it's full of tiny blood vessels. As a consequence, her ears usually are very red. But yesterday they were skin-colour, and she wouldn't eat. I tried for like half an hour to feed her, without success. I put her back in her small cage, but with her daughter. It doesn't matter that it's her daughter or an unrelated female. I chose her daughter because, like Héline, she is very calm. A bit less calm actually, but probably because she is very young.
They are social beings. As soon I put her daughter next to her, she was aroused.

I was thinking about the activation theory. I was thinking about Winston Smith getting physically healed by his relationship with Julia.

I think E. resents me for what is happening to Héline. And I feel like I disappointed her. But I fulfill my guinea pigs' physical needs. They never lacked food or water, and I spent hundred of euros for medical treatments those last 6 months. I did complain that they are currently too much work for me, and I did put some of them for adoption. But the reason only a couple of them were actually adopted is precisely because I'm too selective. I'm too afraid they are not going to get treated well.

Héline is awake and eating.
She whined a bit. She peed on me abundantly, but that's ok. I showered, and I'm going to wash the armchair's cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment